Monday, December 2, 2013

My Little Rugrats

Yesterday Nora was officially 10 months old.  Every month seems to be a different adjustment as she learns new things.  She is crawling now, and for the life of me I can't seem to keep her out of the kitchen or keep track of her.  Soon she'll be walking then I'll really be in trouble.  The other day I thought about how the parents on Rugrats had trouble keeping track of their kids.  Rugrats used to be one of my favorite cartoons when I was a kid, but by the time the movies and the "All Grown Up" series came out I too was too grown up.  
With having a hard time wrangling Nora I see her curiosity, bravery, and her bald head, and it makes me think of Tommy Pickles. 
If Nora is Tommy then that puts my favorite big guy as Tommy's cousin; Angelica.  For several years Logan was the first and only child, with five adults waiting on his every need.  This made him a little spoiled and gave him a little temper when he doesn't get his way.  He sometimes is jealous of the babies, but somehow always tries to find a way to bring the attention back to him.
 Of course this all makes Amelia Tommy's best pal, Chucky.  Chucky always seems to be tense and always gives a disapproving look to whatever Tommy is about to do.  Amelia isn't as big and loud as her cousin and being a few months behind sometimes can be over-shadowed.  I have a feeling Nora is going to be leading Amelia into trouble her whole childhood.
These are my little rugrats and I love them all to death.  I love wrestling with Logan, I love making Amelia smile, and I love every different expression Nora makes.  I may not be a toy inventor but sometimes I feel just as unprepared as Stew about his child growing up.  But I'd like to thank Rugrats for helping me understand what is going on in their little baby minds!





No comments:

Post a Comment