Wednesday, October 26, 2016

15 Hottest Super-Girls On The CW

I know it is has been a really long time since I wrote an actual blog post.  Usually I just re-post my podcast onto this site.  But every once-in-a-while a subject comes along I feel is better to list rather than do an audio version of.
A few days ago I stumbled upon an article by the website The Richest.  It was about who they thought the 15 hottest women were in The CW's DC Shared Universe.  I'm not sure how old the list was, but it listed actors and characters from the JSA, which is featured on this season's Legends of Tomorrow, so it must be recent.  However, I wondered why it didn't include actresses from Supergirl.  Sure it's a "different Earth", but we all know Kara is showing up on the 4-part crossover episodes coming up, which just happens to be Arrow's 100th episode.
In any event, as I looked over The Richest list I seemed to have a different opinion on the order of the list and who was on it.  Moira McQueen and Gideon the future computer?  Come on!  As a guy who has watched this universe grow from episode 1 of Arrow I know there have been a lot more beautiful women to cross paths with Oliver and Barry than an A.I.  
So, with that in mind I came up with my own list.  Call it sexist, or that I'm way too bored, but I figure if Maxim can come up with their own Hot 100 every year, I can do one list that's full of comic book babes!

15)Audrey Marie Anderson(Lyla Michaels)
Lyla is now married John Diggle(for the 2nd time), and they have a son(former daughter) together.  She's became the director of A.R.G.U.S. after Amanda Waller was assassinated and is one of the many women on this list I would not mess with!

14)Ciara Renee(Kendra Saunders/Hawkgirl)
As a waitress at Jitters she was a crush for Cisco Ramone, but after she learned of her past lives she has embraced her wings and her soul mate Carter Hall(minus marrying the Atom).  She's got a fierceness to her that seems animalistic.

13)Emily Bett Richards(Felicity Smoak/Overwatch)
While some people may have Felicity higher on their list I actually don't know think she is THAT hot.  What can I say, I like curves.  Plus, she's quite chatty, which is annoying for me.  And I can't forget that her romance with Oliver known as "Olicity" is what is mostly to blame for the downfall of Arrow in my opinion.

12) Melissa Benoist(Kara Danvers/Supergirl)
He's no Laura Vanderboot, but this Supergirl has that girl-next-door charm that makes a Midwestern boy like me turn smitten.  She has her annoying moments, but I'd still let her rescue me if I could call it a date.

11) Chyler Leigh(Alex Danvers)
Meet Supergirl's sister.  She's smart, formidable, and doesn't give a crap if your a billionaire Maxwell Lord(whatever happened to him?).  I like a little fight in my beauty and Alex has plenty of that.

10) Megalyn Echikunwoke(Mari McCabe/Vixen)
Just a city boy(girl), born and raised in south Detroit......Mari is more known for the 5th(and lesser known) DC show from the CW; Vixen.  It's animated on The CW Seed and the first season is only 30 minutes long, but the actress also guest starred on an episode of Arrow in season 4 to bring this character to live-action.  I was impressed, and it seems others were as well since she is now featured on Legends of Tomorrow.  Just by a different character and actress.

9)Katrina Law(Nyssa Al Ghul)
She's more likely the spear me than kiss me.  I like that in a woman.

8) Maise Richardson-Sellers(Amaya Jiwe/Vixen)
While she's only been in 2 episodes of Legends of Tomorrow Vixen seems quite the counterpart to Mari, and I'm interested in getting to know her better.  And so is Ray Palmer I think. 

7) Candice Patton(Iris West)
In season 1 of The Flash I felt like Iris was just as useless as Laurel was in season 1 of Arrow. But once she learned Barry's secret she became a better character and has grown ever since.  DC Comics even changed the ethnicity of Iris to match Candice, and then they changed it back.  Not sure what that is all about.

6) Danielle Panabaker(Kaitlin Snow/Killer Frost)
Redhead: CHECK  Intelligent:  CHECK.  Likes the cold:  CHECK.  As a guy who grew up in the snow and loves hockey I can get behind Caitlin Snow.  I seriously wasn't trying to make an innuendo as I wrote that I swear.  

5) Willa Holland(Thea Queen/Speedy)
Much like Laurel, I thought Thea was annoying until she learns who her father was and started her Jedi training.  She then became a strong female character I could see myself sparring with.  Honestly, I'm not trying to be gross. 

4) Katie Cassidy(Laurel Lance/Black Canary)
Let's just flash forward to season 4 when Laurel became comfortable with who she was.  I always felt like after being Oliver's love interest in season 1 the show runners had no idea what to do with her.  Maybe that's why they made her an alcoholic, swore to avenge her sister's death, and then eventually got killed off.  But before her murder, I enjoyed the woman Laurel had become.  Out of the game FMK, I'd do Thea, kill Felicity, and marry Laurel.  

3)Janina Gavankar(Detective McKenna Hall)
Shivakamini Somakandarkram!  Before I saw her become an iconic trophy on FX's The League I saw her as a young detective on Arrow.  She had a brief relationship with Oliver, but she was memorable enough to see why five guys would name a fantasy football trophy after this actress. Am I right?
  


2) Shantel VanSanten(Patty Spivots)
I had no idea this actress was on another show I used to watch; One Tree Hill.  Probably because she came on the show after it turned to crap and I stopped watching.  But I don't blame Patty.  She was Barry's season 2 rebound to get over Iris, before he eventually went back to Iris.  She was a little nerdy like he was, but could handle herself as a member of the CCPD.  I miss her.

1)Caity Lotz(Sara Lance/White Canary)  
Season 2 of Arrow is everyone's favorite of the series, and Sara Lance's return as the Black Canary we all know was a big part of it.  She and Oliver's relationship just made sense after their shared life experience.  A lot better than Oliver and Felicity.  It was a stupid mistake to kill her in season 3 just to give Laurel something to do, but I am glad she back into this universe.  She's the main reason I stick with Legends of Tomorrow.  Smart, mysterious, and can kick my ass in 3 seconds.  Done!

No comments:

Post a Comment